- Main visitor car park. This car park will be accessed via the new access route off the B5010. It will replace the current car park and should be used by all general visitors to the site. Access to the Estate from the car park will be from its south-east corner. It will include parking provision to accommodate motorbikes, cycles and horse boxes. At busy times an electric buggy service or similar is envisaged to take visitors with impaired mobility from the car park to the visitor hub. At quieter times disabled parking will be available closer to the core.
(See iii below).
- Overspill car park. This area is only to be used when there are capacity issues on site such as in high season or if there are particular events that increase pressure on car parking.
- Disabled visitor parking. Area accessed through main car park.
- Car parking for special events in the Castle and Castle Courtyard and to support residential uses on the upper floor of the Castle. Area requires careful management and design as this is also where deliveries will be dropped off. The character of the historic lunging circle/manège needs to be respected. Access to this car park will be via the new access route.
- Car parking for operators in the Top and Lower Stable Yards and for residential properties/holiday leases in the Saw Yard area. Access to this car park will be via the new access until point A where vehicles will turn east along the Estate’s existing network and then north along Church Drive.
- Car parking for the Kennels. Access to this car park will be via the new access until point A where vehicles will continue directly north along the Estate’s existing network.
- Car park for St Bartholomew’s Church. Car park for services and events in the Church. Overspill provision for special events in the Castle and Castle Courtyard.
- Current visitor car park no longer to be used for general visitors to the site (except in the short term until the replacement is built, see i. above). This area could be used to support and enhance glamping offer or/and providing car parking for one off events.
- Parking for events in the Nursery Garden.